(Updates guidance issued 4/9/20) The use of convalescent plasma (CCP) collected from individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 is being implemented at Presbyterian, Lovelace Medical Center and UNMH in select cases as one potential treatment option. Currently, providers can obtain and transfuse CCP by submitting a single patient Emergency IND to the FDA, by participating in an Expanded Access Program through the Mayo Clinic, and/or by participating in a clinical trial. Currently, it is not known which patients would most benefit from CCP.
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine not recommended for treatment of COVID-19
- Recommendations for Long-Term Care Facilities related to Facility Transfers and Care Coordination for COVID-19 Positive (and Negative) Residents
- Review of Current SARS-CoV-2 Test Methods and Recommendations for Increasing Testing Capacity in New Mexico
- Use of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19