The MAT recommends the Abbott ID NOW test be used very selectively (if at all) and only in symptomatic patients with a high suspicion of COVID-19 in whom a rapid result is clinically necessary. Per new FDA recommendations, negative results in this setting should always be confirmed with a high sensitivity molecular (PCR ) test. Continuing current use rates, this would require at least an additional 1,925 swabs per week between NMDOH, the U.S. Indian Health Services, and other testing sites. In general, a more sensitive molecular assay is the preferred initial test.
- Johnson & Johnson Janssen Ad26.COV2.S COVID-19 vaccine recommendation for New Mexicans
- Out-of-hospital infusion services for COVID-19 patients
- Moderna mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine recommendation for New Mexicans
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine recommendation for New Mexicans
- Baricitinib (Olumiant) treatment for COVID-19 patients in NM