New Mexico will not receive enough remdesivir for hospitals to allow every eligible patient to be treated with remdesivir under the Emergency Use Authorization.1 We recommend allocating remdesivir to hospital facilities and patients based on the guidelines provided by the National Institutes of Health on July 24, 2020 “NIH COVID‐19 Treatment Guidelines” (https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/antiviraltherapy/remdesivir/). This clinical framework is intended to provide clear parameters for the selection of patients who will receive treatment with remdesivir and reduce any potential for bias due to race, ethnicity, gender, disabilities, do not resuscitate/do not intubate (DNR/DNI) status, socio economic status, rural residency, age, education status or occupation. Treating individual patients remains a physician and evidence‐based process.
- Johnson & Johnson Janssen Ad26.COV2.S COVID-19 vaccine recommendation for New Mexicans
- Out-of-hospital infusion services for COVID-19 patients
- Moderna mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine recommendation for New Mexicans
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine recommendation for New Mexicans
- Baricitinib (Olumiant) treatment for COVID-19 patients in NM