The NM Medical Advisory Team does not recommend ivermectin therapy in patients with COVID-19 infection outside of clinical trials until more data is available. Current evidence for using ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19 is still largely speculative. There is one in vitro study showing virus inhibition at concentrations unlikely to be feasible in vivo. There are 34 registered clinical trials, mostly international with only 3 noted as completed but with no results available.
- REGN-COV2 treatment for COVID-19 patients in NM
- Bamlanivimab distribution and treatment prioritization for COVID-19 patients in NM
- Convalescent Plasma Treatment for COVID-19 Patients
- Use of remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19
- Summary and Recommendations for Performing Rapid Antigen Tests for Detection of SARS-CoV-2