The NM Medical Advisory Team does not recommend ivermectin therapy in patients with COVID-19 infection outside of clinical trials until more data is available. Current evidence for using ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19 is still largely speculative. There is one in vitro study showing virus inhibition at concentrations unlikely to be feasible in vivo. There are 34 registered clinical trials, mostly international with only 3 noted as completed but with no results available.
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine not recommended for treatment of COVID-19
- Recommendations for Long-Term Care Facilities related to Facility Transfers and Care Coordination for COVID-19 Positive (and Negative) Residents
- Review of Current SARS-CoV-2 Test Methods and Recommendations for Increasing Testing Capacity in New Mexico
- Use of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19